(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
The Highlights Puzzleball is a 24-piece puzzle based on Highlights magazine. Kids put this puzzle together a little differently than what they are probably used to. The puzzle pieces are curved plastic pieces that fit together to form a smooth surface. Kids build each half of the puzzleball on top of a dome-shaped base. Place one of the puzzle rings (a pre-assembled ring of puzzle pieces to help kids get started) onto the base and then start attaching puzzle pieces to the ring. More experienced puzzlers can choose not to use the base. Each puzzle piece is also numbered so that kids know in what order the pieces go together. Once both halves are built, snap them together to form a ball. The base becomes a stand for displaying the puzzleball. The images on the puzzleball show different animals on the beach and in the ocean.
Why It’s Fun
Ravensburger's Puzzleballs add a whole new dimension to puzzles. Kids will find this ball-shaped puzzle fascinating and, once its assembled, will enjoy turning it around and around to see all the different Highlights-inspired artwork.
Who It’s For
The Highlights Puzzleball is for kids ages 4 and up.
What to Be Aware of
Puzzles are a great way for kids to develop fine motor and problem-solving skills.
Younger kids may need a little help getting the two halves together.