(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
The Cone Stacker is a rainbow-colored stacking toy with a few surprises. Each of the six stackable pieces is a rattle, and each piece fits together via different-shaped pegs. For example, the orange piece has a triangle shape on top that fits into the triangle hole on the bottom of the red piece. The Cone Stacker is also billed as an eco-friendly toy because it is made from "sprigwood", which is reclaimed sawdust mixed with recycled plastic to create a hard material similar to plastic.
Why It’s Fun
Stacking toys are a great way to help children develop hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills. The addition of the shapes with the Cone Stacker also helps children develop problem-solving skills as they figure out what pieces fit together, along with color, size, and shape recognition. Kids will also like the bright colors of the pieces and shaking the pieces to hear the rattle noise.
Who It’s For
The Cone Stacker is for ages 6 months and up.
What to Be Aware of
No paint was used in the manufacturing of the Cone Stacker.