Cars 2 Bomb Blastin’ Mater
Cars 2 Bomb Blastin’ Mater
(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
Based on the spy storyline from Cars 2, Bomb Blastin' Mater is stealthy, sleek, and totally tricked out. The truck has lights and sounds, machine guns and booster rockets, and a pretend bomb tied to its hood. Mater's eyes and mouth even move when he talks. Lift up on Mater's tow hook to reveal flashing rockets. Press the tow light to hear music and more than 70 Mater phrases voiced, just like in the movie, by Larry the Cable Guy. A press of the tow light will also send Mater driving and dancing. Press the top of Mater's cab to reveal the hidden bomb tied to the hood. Kids have 10 seconds to deactivate it (by pressing the top of the cab again) before it "explodes."
Why It’s Fun
The lights, sounds, and, especially, the animated face help bring to life this favorite character. Kids can reenact scenes from Cars 2 or create their own spy adventures with the interactive Bomb Blastin' Mater.
Who It’s For
Bomb Blastin' Mater is for ages 4 and up.
What to Be Aware of
Bomb Blastin' Mater works best on hard, flat surfaces.
Six AA batteries are included.