(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
Briarpatch has a new line of Mini Games. These are games that go wherever kids go. They're compact, with all the game pieces fitting right inside the game box. Each game also comes with a clip so the game can be attached to a backpack or bag. Briarpatch Mini Games are pocket-sized and come in a variety of colors, themes, and characters, including I Spy Memory Game, Fancy Nancy Game, I Spy Shadow Match, Pirate Brawl, Dino Duel, and Mirror Mirror.
Why It’s Fun
The Mini Games line is filled with fun, pocket-sized games that can be played anywhere. The games are great for travel and easy to learn and play. With so many different games, there's something for everyone in the line.
Who It’s For
The I Spy Memory Game and Dino Duel are for ages 4 and up. Mirror Mirror, I Spy Shadow Match, and the Fancy Nancy Game are for ages 5 and up. Pirate Brawl is for ages 6 and up.
What to Be Aware of
These games are cute and compact, but because of their size, some do contain small parts. Make sure to keep these parts out of reach of children under the age of 3.