Rockin’ Numbers Ernie
(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
No one loves rubber duckies more than Ernie. He loves them so much that he's going to sing a song about them. Rockin' Numbers Ernie is a soft version of the Sesame Street character, and when you squeeze his tummy, he'll say different phrases and sing a song about counting rubber duckies. (This is not Ernie's traditional rubber ducky song that pretty much everyone knows.) When not singing, Ernie says a variety of different phrases and makes noises.
Why It’s Fun
Ernie's song introduced young children to numbers and counting. Parents might want to play and sing along and use their fingers to show kids what 1, 2, 3, and so forth look like to help reinforce what kids are hearing Ernie sing. Kids will find Rockin' Numbers Ernie funny and engaging as they interact with this favorite Sesame Street character.
Who It’s For
Rockin' Numbers Ernie is for 18 months—4 years.
What to Be Aware of
You'll get the most teaching value out of this toy if a parent or adult plays along with the child and reinforces behaviors and correct answers.
Rockin' Numbers Ernie comes with two AA batteries.
Rockin' Numbers Ernie is part of a line of Sesame Street toys designed for babies and toddlers from Hasbro's Playskool brand.