(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
Inkoos are soft characters that you can draw on, wash clean, and then draw on again. Each comes with three washable markers that attach to a key loop on the toy. Kids can use the markers to draw and color on your Inkoos however they want. Inkoos come with an inspiration wheel that gives kids different design sketches. If you've colored your Inkoos and want to start over, place it in a pillowcase for washing in a washing machine. Once you've washed it, you can draw and color on your Inkoos in a totally different way.
Why It’s Fun
Kids will like expressing themselves through customizing their own soft Inkoos friend. There are lots of creative possibilities with this toy. As the Inkoos slogan says, "If you can think it, you can ink it!"
Who It’s For
Inkoos are for ages 4 and up.
What to Be Aware of
Be careful when you're coloring because the markers may stain other materials. Only use Inkoos markers on your Inkoos, otherwise you won't be able to wash it clean. It is recommended that adults be the ones to operate the washing machine.
There are also Inkoos characters available with only one marker. These retail for about $7.99.