(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
The Squaredy Cats images that are popular on social network sites have come to life as stuffed characters from Gund. Each Squaredy Cat has its own theme and plays off the phrase "scaredy cat", but because these cats are square-shaped, they're called Squaredy Cats. These are designed to empower kids and show what they're "not squared" (as opposed to "not scared") to do. For example, Tiger Lily is "not squared" to go wild. There are eight different cats to collect: Tiger Lily, Shimmer, Gigi, Honey, Candie, Giggles, Cheeri, and Midnight.
Why It’s Fun
This is a fun, new stuffed animal collectible that encourages kids to express themselves and reflect their individual personalities. Each Squaredy Cat is different so kids can pick the one that they most relate to or collect them all.
Who It’s For
Squaredy Cats are for ages 1 and up, but that's for safety reasons, and the content is not something infants can relate to, though they may enjoy the colorful characters. These will mainly appeal to preschoolers who are beginning to be socialized among a peer group.
What to Be Aware of
Squaredy Cats are available at Toys "R" Us and select toy and gift stores.