2-in-1 Discovery Table
(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
The VTech 2-in-1 Discovery Table allows kids to play in two ways. If your child feels artistic, he can sit at the drawing desk and doodle or play with the musical roller. Drawing on the table panel activates a variety of sound effects and music. If your child wants to simply play, the tabletop flips over to reveal an activity center, featuring a piano, book with flipping page, clock with spinning hand, shape buttons, gears, and a turning pencil cup. The tabletop tilts for seated play, but no chair is included. There is volume control for quieter play.
Why It’s Fun
Through play, kids are introduced to colors, counting, numbers, shapes, and more. The 2-in-1 Discovery Table helps children develop fine motor skills as they press buttons and turn the book page and gears. The drawing table side lets kids be creative as they color and draw.
Who It’s For
The 2-in-1 Discovery Table is for ages 1—3 years.
What to Be Aware of
Two AA batteries are included, but they are for demo purposes only. VTech recommends replacing them before you play for best results.
Also before play, adults will need to assemble the table. Only adults should convert the table from drawing desk to activity center. It's a little difficult to do.
Crayons and paper for the drawing desk are not included.
The table features automatic shut-off to preserve battery life.