Orbeez Mood Lamp
(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
Orbeez are tiny, hard pellets that grow into soft and squishy colorful balls when you place them in water. There are several different ways to use Orbeez, one of which is the Mood Lamp. With the Mood Lamp, kids can create their own light-up lamp filled with Orbeez. The first step is to place four packets of Orbeez into a bowl with five cups of water. This will produce enough Orbeez to fill the lamp. Let the Orbeez soak for at least three to four hours or overnight. Remove the Orbeez from the water and pour the Orbeez into the lamp. Turn on the lamp to watch the Mood Lamp light up and change colors. The Mood Lamp comes with 1,500 Orbeez in three colors, a Mood Lamp, and an activity/instruction booklet.
Why It’s Fun
The Orbeez Mood Lamp makes a great nightlight and room décor item. Girls will like the unique look and bright colors of the Orbeez, and watching them grow in water.
Who It’s For
The Orbeez Mood Lamp is for ages 5 and up.
What to Be Aware of
The Mood Lamp requires three AAA batteries, which are not included.
The colorful Orbeez may look like candy to younger children, so make sure to keep these out of reach of kids under 5.