Lite-Brite LED Flat Screen
Lite-Brite LED Flat Screen
(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
The classic Lite-Brite toy lets kids create fun pictures with light. And now that classic toy is getting an upgrade. The new Lite-Brite LED Flat Screen owes at least part of its design to the popularity of tablet computers. It is, as the name suggests, a flat screen, complete with a home button tablet users will be familiar with.
However, it uses classic Lite-Brite play. Select a pattern, slide it onto the screen, and plug in the light pegs following the initials for each color. (Be sure to press the pegs in as far as they will go.) When you're done, push the button once to light up your creation. Push it a second time to make the lights flash. The set comes with eight pattern sheets, two blank sheets, and 200 colored pegs, which store conveniently in the base. The Lite-Brite LED Flat Screen comes in pink or blue.
Why It’s Fun
This is a play pattern as intriguing and engaging as it was nearly 45 years ago. Kids will enjoy lighting up pictures and using the blank sheets to create their own pictures.
Who It’s For
The Lite-Brite LED Flat Screen is for ages 4 and up.
What to Be Aware of
The Lite-Brite LED Flat Screen requires three AA batteries, which are not included.
Pattern refill sheets can be ordered from LiteBrite.com.