Build n Play Workbench
(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
With the Build 'n Play Workbench, kids can build their own workbench with tools. This 32-piece set comes with a full set of plastic beginner tools: hammer, wrench, screwdriver, and more. There are also stickers so kids can decorate their workbench. The plastic tub doubles as storage for all the pieces and the building surface. This is compatible with other MEGA Bloks Maxi System building sets.
Why It’s Fun
Little kids like to mimic what they see mom and dad doing. With the Build 'n Play Workbench, kids can pretend to hammer and build just like dad does at his workbench. (Even if dad doesn't have a workbench, kids still like the various different play building activities.) The block play helps children develop fine motor skills, and the open-ended building fosters creative play.
Who It’s For
The Build 'n Play Workbench is for ages 1 and up, and younger kids will enjoy playing with the big pieces, but the real roleplay will start at around 2.
What to Be Aware of
This only takes a few minutes to put together. The pieces are sized right for small hands, making it easy for preschoolers to build.
Parents will like the fact that everything stores together easily and compactly.
Parents should help children place the stickers on the blocks.