(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
Dress-up and doll play go to new levels of fun and interaction with the new Bratz Masquerade line. It starts with a gorgeous line of dolls wearing different costumes. Kirana is a vampire, Finora is a witch, Lian is a fairy, and Brielle is a tea party princess. For kids who want to play along with their dolls, each doll comes with a beautiful mask for kids to wear. The mask also doubles as a stencil for creating a make-up look, similar to the one on the doll. The doll also comes with three colors of face powder. Using the mask and a webcam-enabled computer, girls can go to Bratz.com/masquerade and download a program (compatible with Mac or PC) that allows them to create fun fantasy looks simply by gesturing and following the onscreen prompts. Then their image can be saved, printed, or sent. It's very easy to use.
Why It’s Fun
In addition to the beautiful dolls, this line offers a variety of interactive play experiences that are perfectly targeted to little girls and that make this toy an excellent value.
Who It’s For
The Bratz Masquerade dolls are for ages 6 and up.
Younger girls will love all the play experiences that are built in, and older girls will love collecting and displaying these wonderfully costumed dolls.
What to Be Aware of
There are also Bratz Masquerade Boyz dolls available, including Penn dressed as a vampire and Gable dressed as a knight.