(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
Tilt is a teetering logic maze that challenges players to solve 40 different puzzles. For each puzzle, set up the tilting board according to the image on the challenge card using the gray stoppers and the blue and green sliding discs. Solving the puzzle requires players to create a sequence of moves that slide both discs on tracks around the board with the object of dropping the green sliders through the center hole while leaving the blue ones on the board. The puzzles range from beginner to expert and are shown on a deck of cards. The board, cards, and sliders all slip into a mesh bag for take-along fun.
Why It’s Fun
Tilt can help kids with visual thinking, problem solving, sequencing, and much more, but it's also a fun challenge that anyone can enjoy as a solitaire puzzle or in challenge matches with friends.
Who It’s For
Tilt is for ages 8 and up and will appeal to those who like puzzles and brainteasers.
What to Be Aware of
The game is harder than it looks, so take your time when solving one of the puzzles. Start off with the beginner challenges and gradually progress to the expert challenges.
If you get really stuck, each card has a hint on the back that will get you started.