(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
PathWords is a game that combines Tetris and Word Search. It comes with eight colored Tetris-like puzzle pieces, a plastic game grid, and a challenge booklet with 40 challenge cards ranging from beginner to expert. The object of the game is to place the puzzle pieces onto the selected challenge so that the letters under each piece spell a word. To begin, chose a challenge from the booklet and slide it into the game grid. The challenge tells you what puzzle pieces you'll need. Find words that fit into the shapes. Words are read forward or backward, and letters are not scrambled. When gameplay is done, the puzzle pieces store inside the game grid.
Why It’s Fun
PathWords is a game that utilizes your critical-thinking and problem-solving skills along with vocabulary. Starting with the beginner challenges, players can gradually work their way up to the expert challenges. Even with the beginner challenges, you really have to put your mind to work. You'll get the hang of the game quickly, though. PathWords is a great way to get kids solving challenges and having fun, and the game is also a great brain exerciser for adults.
Who It’s For
PathWords is for ages 12 and up. The game will appeal to people who enjoy word games and puzzles.
What to Be Aware of
PathWords is for one player, but you could work together in teams to solve the puzzles.