Sesame Street Playset
(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
The Sesame Street Playset includes all the most recognized and beloved places on Sesame Street that kids know from the TV show—Mr. Hooper's Store, the 123 Stoop, Big Bird's Nest, and Oscar's can. The playset comes with chunky Elmo and Cookie Monster figures. Place one of the figures on the sidewalk and slide the lever to make the figure "walk". When the figure reaches the end of the sidewalk, Oscar the Grouch pops up from his can. Open up the playset for inside/outside, double-sided play. When playtime is done, all the pieces store inside. There is a carry handle so kids can take the playset anywhere. (Or mom can easily put it up after playtime.)
Why It’s Fun
The Sesame Street Playset brings to life the world of Sesame Street in a new way for kids. Kids will enjoy playing with favorite characters in settings familiar to them from the show. With this playset, kids will engage in imaginative play as they create their own stories about this famous street.
Who It’s For
The Sesame Street Playset is for ages 18 months and up.
What to Be Aware of
The Sesame Street Playset is part of a line of Sesame Street toys designed for babies and toddlers from Hasbro's Playskool brand.