LEGO City Marina
(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
The LEGO City Marina is a 294-piece set that lets kids build a realistic marina. This building set features a lifeguard watchtower, a surf shop, and a café. There are also different vehicles, such as a boat that really floats and a quad bike. Five minifigures are included: windsurfer, lifeguard, sailor, diver, and girl. Accessories include a surfboard, harpoon, scuba gear, four pairs of flippers, three life jackets, and more.
Why It’s Fun
The Marina set makes a great addition to other LEGO City sets, but it's also fun on its own. All the accessories and details, from the life jackets to the floating boat, add lots of play value for kids as they embark on imaginative adventures on the water.
Who It’s For
The LEGO City Marina is for ages 5—12.
What to Be Aware of
The LEGO City Marina is easy to put together because it comes with step-by-step picture instructions that divide the building up into four different sub-models. Build each sub-model and then put them all together to create the finished product.