(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
Fans of the popular Sing-a-ma-jigs, the off-beat plush characters that sing, will get double the singing fun with new Sing-a-ma-jigs Duets. Instead of one Sing-a-ma-jigs character, there are two. One full-sized Sing-a-ma-jigs character comes holding a puppy and together they sing "Bingo", while the other full-sized Sing-a-ma-jigs character holds a baby and they sing "Hello Ma Baby." There are three modes of play. In Song mode, the full-sized and the mini characters sing their own song. In Harmony mode, they sing together. And in Chatter mode, they speak jibber-jabber to each other. Squeeze their tummies to hear them sing, chatter, and open their mouths to show off their little teeth. Press the Sing-a-ma-jigs' hand to change between modes.
Why It’s Fun
Part of the appeal of the Sing-a-ma-jigs are their offbeat voices, and the new Duets characters have the same funny sound. Kids will like adding the Duets characters to their Sing-a-ma-jigs collection. We have yet to see anyone play with these who hasn't erupted into spontaneous laughter.
Who It’s For
Sing-a-ma-jigs Duets are for ages 3 and up.
What to Be Aware of
Sing-a-ma-jigs Duets come with two AAA batteries.