Dora Fiesta Favorites Kitchen
Dora Fiesta Favorites Kitchen
(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
Kids can get cooking with Dora the Explorer in the Dora Fiesta Favorites Kitchen. This kitchen comes with a double-sided recipe card with four recipes—two recipes for a summer BBQ and two for a birthday party. Place the recipe card in the window and then press one of the buttons in the frame to hear Dora guide you through each recipe in both English and Spanish. The recipes have accompanying pictures showing kids what food pieces they will need. It comes with 19 accessories, such as pretend food, utensils, cookware, and a play phone. The fridge door and oven door really open and close, and the stove knobs make clicking noises when you turn them.
Why It’s Fun
Pretend kitchens are great because they allow kids to engage in their own versions of activities they see mom or dad doing. The Dora Fiesta Favorites Kitchen lets kids pretend to be the chefs in their own kitchen with lots of interactivity. Kids will like hearing Dora talk to them and help them put together each of the four food items on the recipe card. This is really great pretend play with a favorite character.
Who It’s For
The Dora Fiesta Favorites Kitchen is for ages 2 and up.
What to Be Aware of
There is some assembly required. Make sure you keep the directions handy.
Dora Fiesta Favorites Kitchen comes with 3 AA batteries.