Paper Tube Ocean
(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
The Paper Tube Ocean craft kit, part of Alex's Little Hands line, uses paper tubes (like you see with toilet paper or paper towels) and a whole bunch of colorful paper squares, pipe cleaners, and stickers so kids can make four fanciful underwater creatures: a goldfish, seahorse, lobster, and jellyfish. Paper Tube Ocean comes with four paper tubes, stickers, paper shapes, pipe cleaners, fringed paper, tissue paper squares, a glue stick, and picture instructions.
Why It’s Fun
This is a colorful, fully self-contained craft kit. It comes with all the supplies needed. All kids have to do is bring their imaginations to make these colorful creatures. This is a great rainy day activity or perfect for a playdate with up to four kids.
Who It’s For
Paper Tube Ocean is for ages 3 and up.
What to Be Aware of
Parents may want to help kids at the younger end of the age spectrum, but with older kids, just open the box and let them go to it.