ABC - 123 - First Words
(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
With ABC-123-First Words, young children are introduced to numbers, letters, and words. This abacus-like toy has 36 solid wooden tiles that kids can turn and spin. There are 26 letter tiles with a letter on one side and a word that starts with that letter, along with a picture of that word, on the other side. On the back of the letter "A" tile, for example, there is a picture of an alligator and the word "alligator". There are 10 number tiles with a number on one side and a picture on the other side. On the back of the number 2 tile, there is a picture of two mittens.
Why It’s Fun
Young children will like turning the tiles and watching them spin. This is a great toy for developing fine motor skills and introducing children to numbers, words, and letters. The wooden tiles give this toy a classic look.
Who It’s For
ABC-123-First Words is for ages 2 and up.
What to Be Aware of
This is a toy that children and parents should play with together. Parents can speak aloud the words, numbers, and letters for their child to hear.