(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
Cartoon It! is a memory game with an artistic twist. The game comes with a double-sided Features Board with six body parts categories and accompanying pictures: heads, eyes, ears, noses, mouths, and extras. Players use this board to help them assemble a character. Each player receives a character card and has 30 seconds to memorize the character on his or her card. Once time is up, flip the character card face down and draw the character from memory using hints from the Features Board. The player with the sharpest memory scores the most points to win. Cartoon It! comes with a Features Board, 30-second timer, 50 character cards, six pencils, a cartoon drawing pad with drawing sheets, and a parents' guide. The game is for two to six players.
Why It’s Fun
Cartoon It! is a game that the whole family can play. It's more about memory skills than it is drawing skills. You don't have to be a great artist to play this game. The fun is in comparing your drawing with everyone else's to see who got it right and whose memory is a little off. The included parents' guide offers ways to scale the game for younger kids and those less artistically inclined so that everyone has a fair chance at scoring points.
Who It’s For
Cartoon It! is for ages 6 and up.
What to Be Aware of
Additional drawing sheets can be downloaded at ThinkFun.com.