(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
The Crayola Glow Book is a new drawing toy that lets kids make colorful, animated drawings that light up and glow. It consists of four clear plastic panels and six glow markers that fit in the book. Using the tracing sheets in numbered order (1, 2, 3, 4), trace the pictures onto the panels. Snap the panels into the glow book with the first panel on top and the fourth on the bottom. Then turn off the lights. Using battery-operated lighting, you can see the pictures come to life as simple, glowing animations. You can program the lights to run in any sequence you choose for up to 60 minutes. The Glow Book comes with four clear plastic panels, four tracing guides, and six glow markers.
Why It’s Fun
The Crayola Glow Book is sort of like a high-tech flipbook. It allows kids to create animated stories but with more depth and lots of glowing color. This is great as a room décor item, room sign, or anything else kids can think of.
Who It’s For
The Crayola Glow Book is for ages 6 and up.
What to Be Aware of
Three AA batteries are required, but not included.
To wipe off the panels, use a soft, damp cloth and dry thoroughly before putting the panels back in the book.
Additional tracing sheets and more Glow Book ideas can be found online at crayola.com.