(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
The Crayola Jewelry Boutique uses Model Magic, a soft and nontoxic modeling material, to let girls design more than 160 unique jewelry beads. To make a bead, take two or more pinches of Model Magic and twist them together. Place it under the spinner plate and spin in one direction for 10 to 20 spins. You'll end up with a dual-cone-shaped bead. Gently poke a hole in your bead with the bead puncher tool. Then let the bead dry for at least one hour on the dryer. Once it's dry, add some shine with the bead glaze, and then string your bead to make necklaces, bracelets, and earrings. The kit includes a jewelry spinner and workstation, eight Model Magic colors, three pendant charms, five bracelet charms, two shape cutters, a bead punch, four earrings, five toggle sets, a bead dryer rack, bead glaze, 18 gem stickers, and 132 inches of cord.
Why It’s Fun
The Jewelry Boutique gives girls the chance to become jewelry designers. Girls can use their creativity to design unique pieces of jewelry that show off their personal style.
Who It’s For
The Crayola Jewelry Boutique is for girls ages 6 and up.
What to Be Aware of
Make sure to store open and unused Model Magic in the sealed workstation compartments or in resealable plastic bags.
Model Magic does not contain wheat.