TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
CitiBlocs are building blocks that are all the same size and made from high-quality wood. When they were first introduced, CitiBlocs only came in natural wood tones. But now the blocks come in a variety of colors, including the new Camouflage Colors set. This 100-piece set includes an assortment of green, brown, and tan blocks. The blocks can be used with other CitiBlocs sets.
Why It’s Fun
Because CitiBlocs are all the same size, kids can build all kinds of different things. The Camouflage Colors blocks lend themselves to building mini-tanks, helicopters, and other army/war items. But when mixed with other CitiBlocs sets, the possibilities for creation are endless.
Playing with blocks is a great way for kids to develop spatial relationships, engineering skills, thinking, and creative play. There is all kinds of great play for kids from something as basic as a building block.
Who It’s For
Camouflage Colors is for ages 3 and up.
What to Be Aware of
All CitiBlocs blocks are made from precision-cut pine, sourced from sustainably managed forests.