UNSC Falcon with Landing Pad
UNSC Falcon with Landing Pad
(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
A few years ago, MEGA introduced a construction line based on the popular video game Halo. One of the new sets in this line is the UNSC Falcon with Landing Pad. Kids—and adult collectors/fans—can build a Falcon helicopter with spinning propellers and pretend machine guns. The 503-piece set also comes with two figures, a Spartan Air Assault and UNSC Pilot, and cargo accessories. The blocks have a camouflage effect. This is part of The Authentic Collector's Series, and there are other Halo sets to collect and build.
Why It’s Fun
There's a lot of great detail in this building set, which makes it great for Halo fans and collectors. The camouflage blocks add a nice touch, and the many moving pieces add to the play value for kids. While collectors will want to display this set, kids will want to send the Falcon out on battles and engage in imaginative play.
Who It’s For
The UNSC Falcon with Landing Pad is for ages 8 and up. The Halo video games are rated Mature (17 and older) due to blood and gore and violence. While there is nothing of that nature in this building set, some parents may find a Halo building set inappropriate for their children.
What to Be Aware of
Because of the large piece count, it may take some time to build this. But building is part of the fun, so enjoy the process.