(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
Lettersaurus is a dinosaur pal that helps children explore letters, colors, and music. Lettersaurus has 26 colorful buttons, one for each letter of the alphabet. There are three modes of play. In Letter Mode, push a letter to hear its name, the sound it makes, and a word that begins with that letter. In Colors Mode, push a letter to hear its color. In Music Mode, press a letter button to hear one of 26 songs. The button on top of Lettersaurus' head plays the alphabet song. Lettersaurus has two volume levels.
Parents can also personalize Lettersaurus so that the toy recognizes their child's first initial. Visit LeapFrog.com/personalize, enter the product information, and follow the steps. Whenever the child presses the first letter of its name, Lettersaurus will say, "B! That's the first letter of your name!"
Why It’s Fun
Kids will enjoy interacting with Lettersaurus through the various modes of play. This colorful toy keeps children engaged with sounds and music. The option to personalize the toy is great, and kids will love hearing Lettersaurus talk to them directly.
Who It’s For
Lettersaurus is for ages 12—36 months.
What to Be Aware of
Lettersaurus comes with three AA batteries.