(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
Voice Rockrz are toy microphones that transform kids' voices as they sing. The included accessories—bracelet and ring—interact with the microphone to activate special effects. Tap one of the accessories to the mic to unlock the voice effects: Hi-Note, which makes kids voices sound super high; Echo-tastic, which causes an echo; and Robot-riffic, which makes kids sound like robots. There are also drum roll and cheer sound effects. Kids can plug in their own MP3 player to sing along with their favorite songs. The blue Voice Rockrz comes with a plastic zipper-inspired bracelet and skull ring, and the pink Voice Rockrz comes with a plastic skull bracelet and flower ring.
Why It’s Fun
If your child loves music, singing, performing, or karaoke, then your child will find Voice Rockrz a lot of fun. Kids will like the silly voice effects and pretending to put on a concert in the living room.
Who It’s For
Voice Rockrz are for ages 4 and up, but we recommend them for ages 5 or 6 and up.
What to Be Aware of
Voice Rockrz each come with three AAA batteries.
There are a lot of microphones out on the market right now, and performance play is a classic pattern. We encourage you to check them all out to find the right type of play for the age of your child.