Barbie I Can Be Art Teacher
Barbie I Can Be Art Teacher
(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
Over the years Barbie has had more than 100 careers. One of her newest is art teacher. This doll comes with a color palette, paint brush, easel, and canvases. Fill the paint can with cold water and dip Barbie's paint brush into it to "paint" on the canvas. When you place the cat next to the canvas, the paint brush will make the cat picture appear. Or you can place the flowers next to the canvas, and the paint brush will make the flower picture appear. There is also a blank canvas on which girls can freestyle "paint". When each canvas dries, the picture goes away, and girls can paint again. A lever on Barbie's back causes her arm to move up and down, so girls can pretend that Barbie is really painting.
Why It’s Fun
The Barbie I Can Be line is all about letting girls explore different jobs and careers. This doll offers girls the chance to play out the role of an art teacher, while also being creative in their "painting".
Who It’s For
The Barbie I Can Be Art Teacher is for ages 3 and up.
What to Be Aware of
Because this toy involves water, playtime might get messy. Make sure you play in an area where it's okay to get a little wet.