My Baby Alive
(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
Hasbro's Baby Alive doll line has been providing girls with engaging real mom play experiences for years. The newest baby doll in the line is My Baby Alive. This doll is all about the classic mom experiences of feeding a baby and changing diapers. Girls can feed the doll with either the spoon or the bottle, and the doll responds by making eating noises. After mealtime, the doll really wets its diaper, and girls must change the doll's diaper. When it's time for a nap, girls can hold the doll and rock it to sleep. The doll's eyes really close. My Baby Alive says more than 30 phrases and comes with two packets of food mix and two diapers.
Why It’s Fun
When girls play with baby dolls, they emulate what they see their own moms doing. Little girls want to be just like mom and have the same experiences. My Baby Alive offers girls the chance to play out classic mom experiences in an interactive and realistic way.
Who It’s For
My Baby Alive is for girls ages 3 and up.
What to Be Aware of
The doll comes with two AA batteries.
Additional diapers and food mix packets are sold separately.