Barbie I Can Be... Architect
Barbie I Can Be... Architect
(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
With more than 100 careers, Barbie has been everything from a pediatrician to a paleontologist to the president. This year, Barbie's career is architect. The Barbie I Can Be... Architect doll comes dressed in a sharp business casual dress complete with the Manhattan skyline, a hard hat for site visits, blueprints of her projects, and an architect's model—of a fabulous Barbie Dream House. (That's exactly the kind of wit that Mattel designs into these great dolls.)
Why It’s Fun
From the days when Barbie was marketed under the banner, "We girls can do anything, right Barbie?" to today, one of the most engaging play patterns for girls has been imagining their future careers. That's the whole premise behind the Barbie I Can Be Line. This line inspires girls to imagine a whole range of possibilities for themselves while never moving away from the basics of fashion doll and imaginative play.
Who It’s For
The Barbie I Can Be... Architect doll is for girls ages 3 and up.
What to Be Aware of
The Barbie I Can Be line is also supported by a free iPhone app and a dedicated I Can Be website that offer a variety of games and activities related to the various dolls in the collections.