(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
Back to school means new books, notebooks, and lunchboxes, and also fun stationery accessories. Kachooz are a new line of collectible pencil top critters with crazy hair that add levels of style and fun to any school activity, such as reading, writing, and 'rithmetic. Each Kachooz figure is unique. The backstory is that Kachooz are very small and live under our feet, traveling in groups called Moops. Kids can place these small creatures on top of pencils, then frizz and style the Kachooz hair by twisting the pencil. Each Kachooz also has a small hook on top so they can be attached to a backpack.
Why It’s Fun
Kachooz are simple items that really engage kids. Kids will enjoy playing with the hair and generally just fiddling with the Kachooz. These are ideal for collecting—with a price that makes them easy to collect—and trading.
Who It’s For
Kachooz are for ages 3 and up. These will mostly appeal to grade school or middle school girls who want to add character to their pencils.
What to Be Aware of
You don't get many girls products designed for trading like this, so we think Kachooz are a unique item with just the right amount of cuteness and whimsy to make them popular with girls.
Parents (or more probably grandparents) will remember Trolls, and the hair on the Kachooz is very similar to those.