(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
Quelf is a party game of random actions leading to hilarity. The object of the game is to move your character piece from start to finish on the board. In order to do this, players choose cards and perform whatever action is on the card. Roll the die and move your game piece on the board. Pick a card that corresponds with the color space you've landed on. There are five different cards: Showbiz, Stuntz, Roolz, Quizzle, and Scatterbrainz. If you pick a Showbiz card, for example, you might be instructed to splash water on your face and sing a song about it. A Stuntz card might have you pick an opponent and have a staring contest. If you do what's on the card, you get to move forward on the board. The game is for three to eight players.
Why It’s Fun
This is a wild and wacky game that is great when played with large groups. It's fun to see friends and family doing random actions to try and win the game.
Who It’s For
Quelf is for ages 12 and up, but we think it's more suited to 16 and up.
What to Be Aware of
You may look silly doing a lot of the stuff on the Quelf cards, but that's the point of the game. It works best when everyone lets loose and has a good time.