(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
Quelf Jr. is a game filled with random fun. The object is to get from start to finish by doing silly acts. Pick a card and do what the card says to move ahead on the game board. There are three types of cards. If you draw a Quelf Jr. card, you may have to answer a crazy question, use your imagination, or perform silly stunts. If you do what the card tells you to do, move ahead as many spaces as the card says. Mr. Sourface cards move you backwards on the game board, while Ms. Goody Gumdrops cards help you skip ahead on the game board. Quelf Jr. comes with 165 cards, a game board, six game pieces and bases, and a sand timer. It is for three to six players.
Why It’s Fun
This is a silly game that kids are going to love. You never know what you'll have to do next in order to move ahead on the game board. Kids will like doing the random acts of silliness on the cards, and they'll really like watching mom and dad get silly, too.
Who It’s For
Quelf Jr. is for ages 6 and up.
What to Be Aware of
If your child is self-conscious, he probably won't enjoy this game because it's all about acting silly in front of other people.