Scabs ’N’ Guts
(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
Scabs 'N' Guts is a game that tests your knowledge of the human body. Players take turns moving around the board trying to correctly answer multiple-choice questions. The questions come from three body categories: Scrapes and Scabs, Blood and Guts, and Blubber or Buff. When a player or team correctly answers one question from each category, they pick up a random question card and try to win the game by answering correctly. Miracle Cure and Strong Immunity cards improve your health and help you win the game, while Accidents Happen and Couch Potato cards make you ill and slow you down. Some of the cards also ask players to act out things, such as being sick from food poisoning.
Scabs 'N' Guts comes with 130 question cards, 32 wild cards, six mover pieces, a game board, and player guide. It is for two or more players.
Why It’s Fun
This is one silly game that also aims to help kids learn about the human body. The combination of question cards and action cards makes gameplay exciting. Younger kids will like it because it is easy to play and has a gross-out factor to it.
Who It’s For
Scabs 'N' Guts is for ages 6 and up.
What to Be Aware of
The game can be a little gross, but it's all based on biology and appropriate for younger kids.