Beat the Parents
(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
Beat the Parents is the game where kids have to match wits with grown-ups. Parents are asked questions most kids can answer and kids are asked questions most parents can answer. For example, kids might be asked, "Who was the first person to walk on the moon?", while parents might be asked, "What is Elmo's favorite food?" The object is to get all your tokens to the other side of the game board. Look out for Wild Cards because they change up the game by sending you skipping ahead or backward.
Beat the Parents comes with 55 question cards, 55 Kids Wild Cards, 55 Parents Wild Cards, and player tokens. It is for two or more players.
Why It’s Fun
This game really gets the family playing together. The questions for the kids are challenging, but not so hard that kids will get frustrated. Kids will, of course, like teaming up against the parents. Loser does the dishes!
Who It’s For
Beat the Parents is for ages 6 and up.
What to Be Aware of
If you're playing with younger children, you can modify the game to give them hints.