Pokemon City Battle Playset
Pokemon City Battle Playset
(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
The Pokémon City Battle Playset is inspired by the new Unova region from the Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version video games. With this playset, kids can set up a Pokémon battle in the city. The playset includes an Attack Figure with base and four shooting disks, as well as a motorized target base that works with all three-inch figures. The figures pop off the target base when kids successfully aim and shoot the attack disks at the target.
Why It’s Fun
Pokémon is all about battle, and this playset brings the action to life. There's a learning curve involved. It takes some practice to aim the Attack Figure and disks at the moving target, but acquiring the skill is an important part of the play. This is great skill and action play for young Pokémon battlers.
Who It’s For
The Pokémon City Battle Playset is for boys ages 4 and up.
What to Be Aware of
It takes a couple minutes to put the playset together. You'll need a flat, smooth surface to place it on.
Two kids can battle with this playset, however, you'll need a second Attack Figure, sold separately.