(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
Unravels are a new twist on coloring and drawing. Unravels look like a regular colored pencil (They are more a cross between a colored pencil and a crayon.) but the decorative outer covering peels back to reveal hidden messages. The more kids write, the more they unravel and the more messages they reveal. Kids can tear off the messages and share with friends. Unravels comes in three themes: lucky fortunes, jokes & riddles, and friendship. Each pencil contains 30 messages.
Why It’s Fun
Unravels turn writing utensils into collectibles. The bright and bold graphics on the outer coverings will appeal to both boys and girls. Kids will enjoy collecting the pencils in each of the different themes and tearing and sharing with friends.
Who It’s For
Unravels are for ages 6 and up.
What to Be Aware of
It can be a little difficult to peel away the outer covering. Make sure you pull the start string down a quarter of an inch before unraveling one strip at a time.