(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
Fruitominoes is a new take on the classic game of Dominoes. Instead of connecting black dots, you connect fruit. Each piece has different fruit on it: strawberries, pears, apples, bananas. Just like in Dominoes, each player adds to the layout by matching fruit to fruit. If a player can't match either open end of the layout, he must pass and take a domino from the draw pile. The player who uses all of his dominoes first and declares "Fruitominoes!" wins. Fruitominoes comes with 28 pieces that store in the cloth carry case.
Why It’s Fun
This is a fun take on a classic game. Fruitominoes is a great game for the whole family to play and can be played at home or on the go.
Who It’s For
Fruitominoes is for ages 5 and up.
What to Be Aware of
Fruitominoes is also a good matching game for younger kids who can't count. Instead of counting the number of fruit pieces, they can recognize the type of fruit and match that way.