(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
Tripolo is a fast-paced matching card game. Each of the 64 cards has an animal, letter, and color. Deal the cards out in a nine-card grid with three cards in each row. The remaining cards are divided up among players. Each player then picks up four cards from their deck. (You can only have four cards in your hand at a time.) On their turns, players must match and make three in a row (horizontally, vertically, or diagonally) by animal, letter, or color. Look for places in the grid to play your cards so that you make three in a row, and quickly lay them down, remembering to pick up a new card from your deck for each card you play. The player who gets rid of all his cards first and shouts "Tripolo" wins. The game is for two to four players.
Why It’s Fun
Because this game has no scoring, no turn-taking, and no waiting, it's an easy and fast-paced game for all ages. Players must stay alert for places to play their cards and then act fast before someone else takes that spot.
Who It’s For
Tripolo is for ages 6 and up.
What to Be Aware of
Many game publishers are putting out games with no turns right now. While this adds to the fast-paced nature of the game, that may be frustrating to some children.