Puppet Playhouse Theater
(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
The Puppet Playhouse Theater is a puppet theater and play tent in one. Made of durable, lightweight nylon material with organza trim, the Puppet Playhouse Theater is 59 inches tall with a 48-inch diameter at its base. Two kids can easily fit inside the tent. Curtains on the front window tie back for puppet show performances. Puppets are sold separately.
Why It’s Fun
In the Puppet Playhouse Theater, kids can put on their own puppet shows or just play inside the tent. No matter how kids choose to use it, the Puppet Playhouse Theater is a great way to inspire creative play.
Puppet play is a great form of expression for kids. It helps introduce them to narrative play, whether creating their own stories or dramatizing favorite tales. They may not know it, which is probably a good thing, but this kind of play can foster stronger thinking and communication skills. But for the moment, just let them have a blast with this cool toy.
Who It’s For
The Puppet Playhouse Theater is for ages 3 and up.
What to Be Aware of
Adult assembly is required.
This is a pricey set, but the quality of the materials makes it worth the money for families where kids love this kind of play, particularly since it's a stand-alone and can be set up anywhere.