(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
In the game Jungle Speed, each player must rely on his or her powers of observation and quick reflexes. Each player is dealt a hand of cards. In order to win, you must be the first player to get rid of all of your cards. On each turn, all of the players reveal one of their cards. If two cards are identical, those players must make a grab for the totem, which sits in the middle of the table. The player who grabs the totem gives his or her cards to the slower player.
To add to the difficulty, certain cards are almost identical, which can trick players into grabbing the totem by mistake. Other cards force all players to make a grab at once, change the method of play, or otherwise add to the difficulty.
The game comes with a cloth bag to hold the pieces, 80 cards, a rulebook, and the totem. Jungle Speed is for two to eight players.
Why It’s Fun
Jungle Speed is easy to learn and fast to play. It's similar to the classic game Spoons—you must be observant and fast. Players of all ages will find Jungle Speed exciting and fun.
Who It’s For
Jungle Speed is for ages 8 and up.
What to Be Aware of
It takes about 15 minutes to play one game of Jungle Speed.