(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
Building on the success of the classic Little Tikes Cozy Coupe (One of the best-selling car makes of any kind, real or toy, ever.) is the new Cozy Truck. This sturdy truck starts out as a ride-in vehicle with an adult-operated push handle molded right into the top. When kids get a little older, remove the floorboard, and foot-to-ground power lets kids control the driving. The Cozy Truck has a flatbed with drop-down tailgate, "off-road" wheels, a gas cap that opens and closes, a steering wheel with a working horn, a driver's door that opens and closes, and a realistic front grill.
Why It’s Fun
The Cozy Truck is great for kids who want to get behind the wheel just like mom or dad. The truck's friendly face will appeal to kids, as will the cool look of the truck itself. Kids will really feel big when they're behind the wheel of the Cozy Truck. This truck is sure to be a new classic in the Little Tikes line.
Who It’s For
The Cozy Truck is for ages 1.5—5. There is a 50-pound weight limit.
What to Be Aware of
The truck took us about 90 minutes to put together. A hammer, screwdriver, and/or power drill are recommended. Pay close attention to the instructions as you assemble.
The horn requires two button cell batteries, which are included.
Adult supervision is recommended when kids are playing with the Cozy Truck.