(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
Rose Art Color Blanks let kids decorate their own poseable plastic figures. Each kit comes with a blank figure, permanent markers, and stickers. Kids use these tools to color and decorate the figure any way they want. Kids can even add their own stuff—sequins, buttons, glitter, a hat, or a prop—to truly make the figure their own. Once finished, kids can share their creations in the online gallery at ColorBlanks.com.
There are a variety of Color Blanks sets to choose from, including animals, monsters, seasonal characters, and clip-ons available in single-figure packs, two-packs, and four-packs. The single-figure packs come with three markers, while the multiple-figure packs come with six.
Why It’s Fun
This is a fun new activity toy that kids will enjoy personalizing and collecting. Each figure is different in shape and kids can then make them even more different in design. Color Blanks are a great way for kids to get creative and express themselves.
Who It’s For
Color Blanks are for ages 6 and up.
What to Be Aware of
We must stress that the permanent markers are PERMANENT. You can't wash the marker off to redo the figure, and you should be careful not to get the marker on clothing or any other fabric or surface while coloring the Color Blanks figure.