Cars 2 Doodle Pad
(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
High-octane adventure continues with the release of Disney/Pixar's Cars 2 on June 24, 2011. Lightning McQueen and Mater head to the World Grand Prix where they get caught up in international espionage. Fisher-Price is producing a line of Cars 2 toys for the youngest of Cars fans.
The Cars 2 Doodle Pad is a classic magnetic doodle pad in the style of favorite Cars characters: Lightning McQueen, Mater, and Finn McMissile. (Each is sold separately.) Kids can draw on the magnetic drawing screen using the included pen. If kids want to start over and draw something new, they simply rub the pen on the back of the screen to erase their work. The magnetic pen holder keeps the pen in place for storage and when on the go.
Why It’s Fun
This is a classic play pattern that lets kids interact with the Cars characters. Kids can draw and erase, which of course is the whole point and what keeps kids engaged. The Doodle Pads are lightweight and easy for young children to hold and use. They make a great take-along activity toy.
Who It’s For
Cars 2 Doodle Pads are for ages 3 and up.
What to Be Aware of
The Cars 2 Doodle Pads are magnetic drawing screens, but the magnets are enclosed inside the toy and meet all current standards for magnets in toys.