Knot, Smile & Cuddle
(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
The Knot, Smile & Cuddle craft kit from Alex Toys lets kids make a soft, smiley blanket with sleeves. (A version of the popular Snuggie sold on infomercials.) The kit includes a pre-sewn, super soft fleece blanket with smiley faces on it and 42 fleece strips. Simply tie the tabs on the two sides of the sleeves together to close them off. Kids can tie as many or as few knots as they wish to have the sleeves as open or closed as they like. Then use the fleece strips to create a fringe border. Once finished, slip on the blanket to stay warm.
Why It’s Fun
This kit is a great idea for kids starting out with or interested in fabric crafts. The whole blanket-making process is really easy for kids because the fleece stretches as kids tie knots. The design on this blanket is very eye-popping and kid-oriented. And the blanket, when completed, does its job—keeping kids warm.
Who It’s For
Knot, Smile & Cuddle is for ages 6 and up. The blanket is a child's size.
What to Be Aware of
If your child is old enough to tie a knot, then he or she can make this blanket.