Pokemon Throw Poke Ball
(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
As any Pokémon player knows, when Ash summons Pikachu, he calls him forth from the Poké Ball. Now that iconic action at the center of Pokémon battling comes to life in a new toy from Jakks Pacific. The Throw Poké Ball lets kids launch their own Pokémon. A soft Pokémon character is placed inside the ball. The child attaches the ball to his hand or wrist with the elastic string—and that's it. Simply toss the Poké Ball to release the character and watch it fly through the air. There are four different characters to choose from, including Oshawott, Tepig, Snivy, and Pikachu. Different series will be launched so kids can collect and play with all of their favorite characters.
Why It’s Fun
The Throw Poké Ball is a simple but engaging toy. It lets kids play out the central action of Pokémon in an easy and fun way. These are definitely for the younger Pokémon fans who love to play with the characters.
Who It’s For
The Throw Poké Balls are for ages 4 and up.
What to Be Aware of
Kids may need help from parents attaching the elastic strap to the top of the Poké Ball and fitting the soft character inside. We had some trouble getting the Poké Ball to close with the character inside and to stay closed while putting the elastic strap around our hand.