(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
In Pizza Mania, players must build the "perfect pizza" to win. This early math game introduces kids to addition and subtraction through the gameplay. Each player gets his or her own "pizza". The electronic chef calls out how many toppings to add to or take away from the pizza: "Add one pepperoni and take away two olives." At the end of the game (which takes about 60 seconds), the chef will tell kids what they should have on their pizza. Players with the correct toppings win. (Yes, players. There can be multiple winners in Pizza Mania.)
For advanced players, switch the chef to Pizza Panic mode. The gameplay is the same, but faster.
Pizza Mania is designed to help develop thinking and listening skills, while encouraging kids to follow directions and engage in cooperative play. The game comes with an electronic pizza chef, four pizza playing pieces, and 48 pizza "toppings". It is for two to four players.
Why It’s Fun
This is a great way to reinforce early math skills through play. Kids will enjoy pretending to build their pizzas during the game and may want to play pizza chef with the game pieces even after the game has ended.
Who It’s For
Pizza Mania is for ages 4—7.
What to Be Aware of
The game requires three AA batteries, which are not included.