(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
The slingshot has always been popular with kids, but it's certainly not what most adults would consider a safe toy. After all, it had its origins as a hunting weapon, which is definitely part of its appeal, especially to boys.
Knowing that kids are fascinated with slingshots but parents want a safe way to play, Zing Toys reimagined the slingshot and created the Zing-Shot Launcher. It uses no rubber band and launches soft and safe foam balls. Special holes in the ball fit onto the launcher's two prongs. Pull back on the ball and let go to launch. The balls can go up to 60 feet. The Zing-Shot Launcher comes with three soft foam balls, and these are the only balls that will work with the launcher.
Why It’s Fun
The Zing-Shot Launcher delivers all the fun of a traditional slingshot but without any kind of danger of destruction. The high performance design and the ability of the balls to travel up to 60 feet provide a lot of opportunity for play—and competition. It can be used indoors or outdoors.
Who It’s For
The Zing-Shot Launcher is for ages 8 and up.
What to Be Aware of
The Zing-Shot balls may be made of soft foam, but don't aim them at people (especially someone's eyes or face) or animals. Only launch the Zing-Shot balls with the Zing-Shot Launcher.