Cars 2 Monopoly
(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
High-octane adventure continues with the release of Disney/Pixar's Cars 2 on June 24, 2011. Lightning McQueen and Mater head to the World Grand Prix where they get caught up in international espionage. Hasbro is reimagining some of its classic board games in the style of Cars 2.
Cars 2 Monopoly features a round racetrack board that resembles a roulette wheel, appropriate because some of Cars 2 takes place in Monte Carlo. Spin Lightning McQueen around the track to see how many spaces you must move. Just like in regular Monopoly there are Chance cards, a banker and play money, and the opportunity to buy property/cars. The player with the most money at the end of the game wins. Cars 2 Monopoly comes with a four-piece racetrack, a Lightning McQueen racecar, 16 Cars cards, 16 tires, eight Pitties, four character movers, 16 Chance cards, and a money pack. The game is for two to four players.
Why It’s Fun
Cars 2 Monopoly is great for younger kids who aren't yet old enough for the regular Monopoly. It's also a great way for Cars fans to engage with favorite characters and the new movie.
Who It’s For
Cars 2 Monopoly is for ages 5 and up.
What to Be Aware of
Some assembly of the game board is required.