Cars 2 Die-Cast Vehicles
(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
High-octane adventure continues with the release of Disney/Pixar's Cars 2 on June 24, 2011. Lightning McQueen and Mater head to the World Grand Prix where they get caught up in international espionage. New characters include secret agents, menacing villains, and international racing competitors. Mattel is producing die-cast vehicles, track sets, playsets, and other accessories to bring the on-screen action to life.
The assortment of Cars 2 Die-Cast Vehicles includes favorite characters along with new ones from the new movie. Kids can collect and play with Mater, Lightning McQueen, Holly Shiftwell, Jeff Corvette, Finn McMissile, and more. The vehicles can be used with Cars 2 track sets, which are sold separately.
Why It’s Fun
These are classic die-cast vehicles with a cool Cars 2 look. Kids will like taking their cars on different adventures. Whether racing the cars on the Cars 2 track sets or just playing with the cars separately, kids can reenact scenes from the movie or create new adventures.
Who It’s For
The die-cast vehicles are for Cars fans ages 3 and up. Kids who aren't familiar with the Cars characters but like playing with cars will also enjoy these die-cast cars.
What to Be Aware of
Each car is sold separately.